My Heart Sings
I think I have entered a new season -
I have returned to my natural roots of poetry that pours from my soul.
It is an awakening of what has long been dormant...
Let me share a few:
Cat naps.
Rhythmic fur
Paws froze
Twitching tail.
Not -
A care
in the world
All's well
When he's curled.
So still, drifting.
Slight touch on tail -
It responds.
His dream prevails.
That we were so
Easily stirred.
By small
Touches of life.
**************
Humans - bothered,
Busy doing,
Thinking, speaking.
Reflecting times
Are needed.
But never
Are they heeded.
Another wasted day.
**************
I hope you enjoyed I have a few more. I wrote a poem of love for my husband, but I will wait until another day to share. I want him to be the first to read it on Valentine's Day.
My heart fills so full it might burst with joy. Thank you for sharing.
I have returned to my natural roots of poetry that pours from my soul.
It is an awakening of what has long been dormant...
Let me share a few:
Cat naps.
Rhythmic fur
Paws froze
Twitching tail.
Not -
A care
in the world
All's well
When he's curled.
So still, drifting.
Slight touch on tail -
It responds.
His dream prevails.
That we were so
Easily stirred.
By small
Touches of life.
**************
Humans - bothered,
Busy doing,
Thinking, speaking.
Reflecting times
Are needed.
But never
Are they heeded.
Another wasted day.
**************
I hope you enjoyed I have a few more. I wrote a poem of love for my husband, but I will wait until another day to share. I want him to be the first to read it on Valentine's Day.
My heart fills so full it might burst with joy. Thank you for sharing.



Comments