Where Are The Unabused?

Have you been abused? I was as a child; so have many.

Cycle Breakers need someone to Walk with them
Photo credit: walk with me chibi-lilie on DeviantART


Are you free from abuse? I am now.  However, in many ways (let us be real) the past, the memories, the dreams never comely leave.

Can you be healed? Of course, you can, but only to the degree that you are able and God is willing.

Why would God not will? He does but everything is in His perfect timing.

Where are the unabused? 

We all have been abused in life to some degree. Sin leaves us abused, hurt, and damaged. Yet, it is true that some have been abused more, some less. Some much more, some much less.

Were you abused as a child? Now that is a question that some can answer yes and others can another no.

And every abused or unabused child was each abused or unabused to his or her own degree. No one -- not even siblings or exact twins have lived the same life, experienced the same life situation the exact same way. We are unique, and thereby, we are impress or unimpressed by abuse uniquely.

But my real question is: where can I find people passionate to help those who have been abused as a child who were not abused as a child?


Adult survivors of child abuse need adults who are not survivors of child abuse. They need adults who did not experience what they experienced but who are committed to helping them heal, thrive, overcome and break the cycle by raising their children in a safe, nurturing home.

I am blessed personally. My husband was not abused as a child and somehow he knew in his heart--he felt God leading him--to marry me and to help me have a happy life. It has not been easy for him--not at all! In healing, I dragged him and my own children and people who tried to befriend me through my "healing hell." We have been married 30 years now, and our marriage is intact and stronger for having made the journey together. As I said, "I am blessed."

However, I feel a compassionate drive to see that others who need the help that I needed to become a cycle breaker of child abuse have their needs met and more.

All I can do is trust for God to provide. It is His very nature. He is Jehovah Jireh--The Lord who Provides. I long for God to provide people to passionately walk with me in helping those who are trying with every ounce of their being to not be an abusive parent, who long to break the cycle, and to be healed as they can become.

So many people concern themselves with the funds, thinking 'we don't have enough money.' How will you fund that? Oh, my! God is able.

Truly, it is not the funds, but it is the labors that are few.

Where are the purpose-living labors longing to pour out what God so lavishly and freshly pours in to any child of His who is open and clean, who is committed and obedient, to be a vessel of living water that never goes dry?

I will not move beyond God. Always looking forward and ready to step again, I will wait for God to move and provide the people. So with Him I will stand still and wait. "Who will come?" "Who is ready to missionally live and give?"

 "Who wants to help another become a cycle breaker?"



Comments

Popular Posts